Coachmen Rv - Coachman is total junk. Many failures in less than 1000 miles

First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful .As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc.

goes, it is junk and I'm sorry I spent $90,000 for it . First drive 16' of cable was dragging on the highway. The dashboard skirt molding is so long that I actually cut my legs on them when driving .I had to remove (cut off) 21/2" of lower dash to be able to extend my legs to the brake. Very *** arrangement.

( I repaired) Frig will not stay closed and dealer had to put a screw in knob between the doors when traveling. Whirlpool says it needs "balanced".How do you balance a moving RV ?? Seat belt was assembled improperly to wall and would not swivel ( I repaired ).Dinette and post mismatched and not secure. Generator did not supply power and had to be repaired by Cummings.

Window screens fall out and the little clips to retain continually are lost. *** arrangement and totally useless . Kitchen sink feel half way off in first long trip. Secured only by 4 daps of cement on a board (Now repairing myself).Drawers will not stay closed after one repair ,but still open on trip.Counter section over stove not secure and continually falls off.

Dangerous if someone should try to lean on it .Shower wall at bottom no secured,loose,and not caulked.Six basement doors would not stay locked (closed) on highway .(I repaired) Steps not retracting /extending properly. Dealer repaired .Shower head o'ring installed improperly .( Dealer reinstalled ) House batteries not charging from invertor and owner (me again) had to contact factory tech to readjust properly. Windows only open 2 1/2" and hence there is no air circulation on warm days, BUT, they don't leak ;-(( . So far the coach has continued to run, but anything will not surprise me .

The Ford 10 cylinder only gives us 7 miles per gal. Our "old" Winnebago gave 9 mpg.

There are many other small defects that are gradually being cleaned up,like the drivers seat is not square when in forward driving position BUT, I would never purchase another unit made by Coachman, and I will make every attempt to prevent friends and acquaintances from purchasing a Coachman, if asked .This is my personal opinion and experience.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Coachmen Mirada Motorhome
Review category
review #719297

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Coachmen Rv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 8 Yes 8 2 No 2
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 25 #1117799

I'm having some of the same problems I purchase a 2016 coachmen pursuit 2months ago seats won't swivel due to improper mounting sink in the rest room is separating from the wall 1/2 inch alarm inside coach continuous beep

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Coachmen Rv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Coachmen Rv.
Filing a new complaint about