First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful .As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc.
goes, it is junk and I'm sorry I spent $90,000 for it . First drive 16' of cable was dragging on the highway. The dashboard skirt molding is so long that I actually cut my legs on them when driving .I had to remove (cut off) 21/2" of lower dash to be able to extend my legs to the brake. Very *** arrangement.
( I repaired) Frig will not stay closed and dealer had to put a screw in knob between the doors when traveling. Whirlpool says it needs "balanced".How do you balance a moving RV ?? Seat belt was assembled improperly to wall and would not swivel ( I repaired ).Dinette and post mismatched and not secure. Generator did not supply power and had to be repaired by Cummings.
Window screens fall out and the little clips to retain continually are lost. *** arrangement and totally useless . Kitchen sink feel half way off in first long trip. Secured only by 4 daps of cement on a board (Now repairing myself).Drawers will not stay closed after one repair ,but still open on trip.Counter section over stove not secure and continually falls off.
Dangerous if someone should try to lean on it .Shower wall at bottom no secured,loose,and not caulked.Six basement doors would not stay locked (closed) on highway .(I repaired) Steps not retracting /extending properly. Dealer repaired .Shower head o'ring installed improperly .( Dealer reinstalled ) House batteries not charging from invertor and owner (me again) had to contact factory tech to readjust properly. Windows only open 2 1/2" and hence there is no air circulation on warm days, BUT, they don't leak ;-(( . So far the coach has continued to run, but anything will not surprise me .
The Ford 10 cylinder only gives us 7 miles per gal. Our "old" Winnebago gave 9 mpg.
There are many other small defects that are gradually being cleaned up,like the drivers seat is not square when in forward driving position BUT, I would never purchase another unit made by Coachman, and I will make every attempt to prevent friends and acquaintances from purchasing a Coachman, if asked .This is my personal opinion and experience.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Coachmen Mirada Motorhome
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I contacted the dealer where we bought our Cougar and showed him pictures of the delaminating that is taking place on the front Panel. He said that Keystone..."
- "My wife recently bought a 2011 BMW X5. After she signed the papers Stephen (the sale manager) informs her that the vehicle needs to be taken to the shop..."
- "We bought a 2015 Freedom Express from Hunter RV in Sapulpa Oklahoma. The kitchen slide leaked with the first rain. Floods the kitchen everytime it rains. It has..."
- "Bought a 2011 Buick Lucerne on 03/07/2014 from North Coast Auto Mall in Bedford Ohio ( also a place you never ever want to buy from ). The CarFax was..."
- "On 4/02/16 I placed a order for a solid Black Strap Design Two Piece Swimwear. I contacted the company a week later 4/15/16 to obtain tracking information on the product..."
- "While Cameron Taylor quotes great prices, he is the most unprofessional business owner I have EVER worked with. I hired him on July 31, 2016 to repair my garage floor,..."
- "As an adult I developed sensitive teeth and erosion of my enamel due to antibiotic use. I had been using Pronamel for about a year with no issues. Well I..."
- "Your company stinks...I will never ever buy another or recommend Alpine or any other trailer from you people. I waited and waited for our camper from the first week..."