Romeo, Michigan
1.3

The generator fell off the RV. There are 4 carriage bolts holding the QD 3200 Generator in place. 3 snapped and dropped the generator on the ground. You have to take the RV apart to get to 3 of the bolts, and the water tank has to come out for the 4th bolt.

It's just fell off, fortunately I was backing in when it let go. Had I bee on the interstate it would have destroyed the RV and what ever vehicles were behind me. Not to mention it rendered the RV un-movable. The carriage bolts were bolted only to the chip board.

For now I have 3 7/16 #8 bolts and steel plates to secure the generator. Of course it took the exhaust when it went. Had I been going faster ......

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of coachmen rv rv from Coachmen Rv and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Coachmen Rv to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was failure to even respond. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Coachmen Rv for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Coachmen Rv?

Comments

Ellsworth, Maine, United States #1203615

So I contacted Coachman who asked for lots of information and then never responded back.So screw them I had it fixed at my cost and will now forward all the items to NHTSA.

Their lack of response which was promised weeks ago is not coming.So let the chips fall where they may.......

Apparently the same attachment scheme is what holds the propane tanks in, now under recall on some Coachman RV's.