Coachman Leprechaun 260 DH 260 is a great looking unit. But the Chevrolet 4500 Express does not seem powerful enough to carry this unit.

I have been trying to get this vehicle repaired since the day i bought it ( oct. of 2017, and this is July 19, 2018 ). It seems there is a "shudder or miss" in the engine as you accelerate so the Warranty dept. of GM recommended twelve Chevrolet dealerhips, all but two refused to even look at this motorhome saying "it is too large for their lift".

The other two Chevy dealers said "they know there is a problem, but don't how to correct it". They said "it is just the nature of the beast and i should learn to live with it". I found a repair shop who's moto is "we fix anything except a broken heart". I called the warranty dept.

and ask if i could have them repair the vehicle and was told "NO, it has to be a Chevy dealer only or we won't pay for it". My advice to those thinking of buying a motorhome with a Chevy drive train, "DON'T"!

I feel as though i just spent $75,000 on something that is going to be irritating to drive!!!! Also think of selling it; who is going to buy it with a "shutter in the engine"

Product or Service Mentioned: Chevrolet Car.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

Agree, stay away from GM engine and chassis. I had the Ford E450 Leprechaun.

The E450 Ford Chassis is far superior and Ford serviced my coach at my local dealership and on a trip to Florida my alternator went out in Pensacola. Not only did the local Ford dealership service my alternator that went out Friday afternoon they provided me an electrical hook up and a free loaner car for the weekend and fixed it first thing Monday morning. Also, I had the Ford power stroke 7.3 L which was an awesome engine with plenty of power and torque. I sold my coach a few years back and looking to buy another one.

I’ve sent a request to coachman and Ford to place the new 3.0 L power stroke and new Ford heavy duty 10 speed transmission in the E450. This new motor has more horsepower and virtually the same torque of my 7.3 L engine. This new diesel is a V6 and weighs 400 pounds less so it should fit into the E450 platform.

With my 7.3 L my 30 foot coachman leprechaun average 14 mpg. With a 3.0 L and 10 speed it should achieve 14 to 19 mpg’s.

Go to a Chevy Truck dealership