200 views
Verified Reviewer

just as we were about to leave for a weeks vacation, we filled the watertank,

5 minutes later, a lot of noise....then the tank, which is located between and above the axels, dropped down 6 inches.

We spent quite a bit of time checking underneath, found 2 possibilities;

1 the 2 metal 2x2 cross support brackets on each end, are 2" further appart than the recessed talk indent spaces.

2 I have an idea that they were installed improperly; rather than remove 4 screws and move that bracket 2" forward so the tank can't slip out, they place a sheet of particle board between the 2 brackets to support the tank.

Eventually the "wood" got wet towards the rear, causing the tank to slip out.

we are in the process of undoing the failed bracket, then jack up the tank at a 30 degree angle so the forward part , which is still resting on 1" of the bracked, we hope that by jacking in the forward direction, the tank willrest forward a full 2".

Then re fastening the failed bracket onto the I beam.

I'll take it then to my welder, get then to install 2 additional brackets on the i beams so the tank has the support that the manufacture should have installed to hold their stated 42 gallons=335 lbs.

style="

User's recommendation: remove the rubberized splash bottom cover to check for similar problems, I'll send final repair pics.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: Sarasota, Florida