Milton, Delaware
1.8K views

Update by user Apr 22, 2013

Wow!I posted the poor quality and poor customer service I experienced with Coachman to assist others not to make the same mistake I did and buy a better made camper.

Yes, I realize it

is out of warranty, however I expected an reply back possibly extended a parts discount or reference to good repair man! I did expect minor repairs and I have made those repairs out of my pocket, such as new antenna, several water line nozzels, all the clips to hold access doors, new thermastat for AC.... and yes I maintain it very well. There is still no excuse for it to fall apart at the seems!

If you buy a $30,000 car is it no big deal if the body side panels come apart from the frame and fall off in 8 years???

And as for your suggestions....

I don't need to get a life, I have a very good one!Sorry your standards aren't as high as mine!

Original review posted by user Apr 17, 2013

I purchased 2005 Coachman Catalina brand new. It is literaly falling apart at the seams! See pictures of both

the left and right sides on rear of trailer coming apart at

the seams.

I contacted Coachman customer service and Delmarva RV customer service, neither have responded. They either don't care or they choose to ignore me and hope I go away!

I have not only major water damage to the interior walls but also "critter" damage. Animals came in the out crack in wall on left side allowing access to chew thru the interior wall and destroyed the inside from rear to front with urine and *** and chewing blankets, pillows, shoes etc. etc.

Review about: Coachmen Rv Rv.

Had an Experience with Coachmen Rv?

Comments

Camden Wyoming, Delaware, United States #673660

I also have bought a cochman catalina travel trailer from Delmarva RV and yes their customer service does suck !The paint on the front end of my camper has peeled and the cochmen's logo has also peeled away from the front panel !

they first said that there's no paint on the camper and when I have shown it to them , they said they have never seen this ever ,they have called the manufacturer and they sent a replacement panel but 20 days later Delmarva RV still has my *** camper and they still haven't done anything !

I'M NOT A HAPPY CAMPER !!!This isn't the first time they have shafted me either !!!!:( :( :cry :(

Redding, California, United States #672168

It appears that a room has been built off the RV. Pressure from the room rafters may have tweaked the RV causing the sides to pull free.

nicola.cheater

When you post a pessimistic and uncaring comment (in my opinion) do you think to yourself - I have made this persons day much better - and also personally, I find the remark "get a life" quite offensive. Please try to make someones day nicer :?

Seattle, Washington, United States #646331

I am presently driving home with half my trailer side wall blown off.Driving down the highway and my husband noticed the whole piece flapping we pulled over and the wood under the fiberglass is all wet!!

Hasntt rained in weeks.

We maintain our trailer extremely well as it is a huge investment and we enjoy using it.Hopefully it is not a total loss but I doubt it.

Merritt Island, Florida, United States #638602

8 years old and you still want them to guarantee it.Please golly knows how many miles and usage you have gotten out of your unit.

Get it repaired and get on with your life.Nothing is guarnateed forever!

to alq Denver, Colorado, United States #638681

It has 10 miles on it!!!!Well maintain.

You are clueless, sounds like you are the one that needs a life!Or do you work for them?

to alq Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #640107

We have a Coachman and we like it a lot, sure there are little things going wrong here and there, but we accept that.It's called maintaining your purchase.

I agree get on with your life.Me.

:grin

to Jody #693268

I hope you still say the same thing after a contractor remodels your house and problems come to surface! Maintain your purchase!!really!!REa

to alq #1211066

I too have a coachman that is falling apart.Poor product!

These post can help others chose a better product.I will never buy another coachman or forest river product.